As a charity
seeking donations from the public we, The National Bible Society of
Ireland, aim to comply with the Statement of Guiding Principles
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness.
We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective
donors can have full confidence in the Bible Society.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended
We commit that you, our donors and prospective donors will:
Be informed of the organisation’s mission, and of the way the organisation
intends to use donated resources.
Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organisation’s
governing board, and that the board will exercise prudent judgement in
its stewardship responsibilities.
Have access to the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
• Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were
• Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
• Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect
and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
• Expect that all relationships with individuals representing the charity
will be dealt with professionally.
• Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees
of the organisation or hired third party agents.
• Have easily available the agreed procedures for making and responding
• Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists and
to be informed if the organisation intends to share the mailing lists
with third parties.
• Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might
have of the organisation.
What to do if you have feedback
If you do have a comment about any aspect of our work, you can contact
the Bible Society in writing or by telephone. In the first instance,
your comment will be dealt with by our Chief Executive.
Please give us as much information as possible and let us know how you
would like us to respond, providing relevant contact details.
Ms Judith Wilkinson, The Chief Executive
National Bible Society of Ireland
41 Dawson Street
353 1 6773272 Email: email@example.com
We are open Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, and Saturday 10.00
am to 4.30pm.